Virtual Athenaeum is the second web-based and virtual presentation of An Tir’s popular non-competitive Arts and Sciences exhibition, following on the success of the web-based and virtual Road to Athenaeum held July 18, AS LV (2020).
For those not familiar with the in-person Athenaeum event, see what a day at Athenaeum 2019 was like in this video tour.
The second virtual Athenaeum event takes place June 26 and 27, 2021 via Zoom with Exhibitor one-on-ones, salons, and social rooms. This year, our online event provides the opportunity to showcase the work of An Tir’s artists, artisans, and Laurels to creative minds not just in our local area, but around the world.
We would be overjoyed to have you participate.
Ways to Participate
There are three main ways to participate:
- Visit the first virtual Athenaeum’s exhibits. You do not have to have a user account to participate in this way. Artists and artisans who want to exhibit at the upcoming second virtual Athenaeum will be able to sign up this spring and each exhibitor will build a new exhibit.
- Register for an account on this website as a Participant, and you will have the opportunity to schedule a 30 minute one-on-one conference with any artist and talk to them about their project after it is completed and published. All conferences for the upcoming virtual Athenaeum will be scheduled to take place between 9 AM and 5 PM (PST) on June 26 and 27, AS LVI (2021).
- Attend our hosted, themed A&S discussions over Zoom on June 26 and 27, 2021.
When you’re ready to get started, visit the exhibits that have already been published or watch this how-to video which walks you through these processes, which have not changed since last year:
- How to register as a participant
- How to browse/find exhibits
- How to schedule a one-on-one conference
- How to leave a comment
- How to update your profile photo
More information relevant to participants is available in our FAQs. View this video from the previous virtual Athenaeum to view how to register as a participant